Have you identified the key talent in your firm to develop in 2015? Or are you a future leader looking to progress your skills? Consult Australia NSW are calling for the best of the best from the built and natural environment!
Applications are now open for the FutureNet Business Leaders Course (the ‘mini MBA’), run by Consult Australia’s young professional’s leadership forum, FutureNet.
For all enquiries, please contact Consult Australia NSW State Manager, Alexia Lidas on email@example.com or (02) 8252 6708.
Special A2K Technologies pricing
As proud Platinum sponsor of the 2015 FutureNet Business Leaders Course, A2K is pleased to offer special pricing to readers of our blog.
Apply for the course by 19 February 2015, and you’ll pay just $4,950 (usually $5,500). Use this application form to receive your discount.
The program draws together architects; constructors; developers; engineers; financiers; infrastructure owners; lawyers; community engagement practitioners; planners; project managers; and quantity surveyors and more.
- This program has a proven track record and is well recognised among industry peers in the built and natural environment.
- Over eight months, the program covers topics such as: team leadership; innovation; contracts, government relations, negotiation and communication.
- The program concludes with a team task, which engages participants in developing and submitting a submission on a major infrastructure challenge.
- Following the submission, teams present to a judging panel of accomplished industry professionals.
The submission and the presentation are then assessed by the judging panel with an award being presented for the best overall submission. You can see the 2015 project snapshot online via this link.
Topics and dates
|Session 1||March 12||Self Awareness|
|Session 2||March 26||Networking|
|Session 3||April 9||Leadership and Influencing Skills|
|Session 4||April 23||Innovation|
|Session 5||May 7||Motivating Teams|
|Session 6||May 21||Government & Stakeholder Relations|
|Session 7||June 4||Contracts/Risk|
|Session 8||June 18||Project Release/ Group Allocation|
|Session 9||July 2||Winning Bids|
|Session 10||July 16||Finance|
|Session 11||July 30||Preliminary Judging followed by: Communications|
|Session 12||August 13||Project working time for groups|
|Session 13||August 27||Project working time for groups|
|Session 14||September 10||Negotiation|
|Session 15||September 24||Ethics in Leadership|
|Session 16||October 8||Final Judging Session|
|Session 17||October 22||Awards Night|
Benefits for participants and firms
- Develop personal and business skills, resulting in improved professionalism of young employees
- Cross-industry team experience
- Improved motivation of young professionals as participation may be seen as a reward system
- Opportunity for young professionals to develop important, long-lasting business and industry relationships
- Exposure of employees to successful industry leaders, e.g. Directors of companies who may at some stage be clients and/or JV or alliance partners
- Direct mentoring from leading industry professionals
- Opportunity for staff to gain an increased understanding of current issues faced by consultants and their clients in the built and natural environment.
Just a few names in the game…
Evans & Peck
Roads and Maritime Services
Cox Richardson Planners & Architects
And many more….
Here’s what past participants have to say:
“The FutureNet Business Leaders has provided me with an opportunity to build my leadership skills through presentations on topics including Leadership and Influencing, Self-Awareness and Motivating Teams. The lecturers organised by Alexia/Consult Australia were excellent and ensured that I was learning in every session. Most importantly the course has allowed me to meet likeminded young professionals across the industry and I have formed relationships which will last long past the end of the course cocktail night! I would recommend this course to anyone looking to build their leadership skills and industry profile”
Andrew Worboys, Project Manager Transport, Parsons Brinckerhoff
“FutureNet is a well-rounded course providing practical learning experiences for the brightest young leaders within construction industry. The approach was pragmatic and innovative, but most of all it was memorable. A rite of passage for any consulting professional.”
Flavio Rossi, Senior Consultant (Advisory) Rider Levett Bucknall
As seen in:
Apply today using the special application for A2K Technologies’ clients, to receive your discounted course price of $4,950, valid until 21 January 2014.
Like to know more? Contact Consult Australia NSW State Manager, Alexia Lidas on firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 8252 6708.