Autodesk has today announced the 2015 release of its software portfolio of design, engineering, and construction solutions. Changes have also been made to improve the Autodesk Subscription offering. To help our customers get the most out of the release, A2K is holding a series of webinars with highlights of the updates and changes.
Autodesk 2015 product release highlights
Significant improvements have been made to boost productivity across Autodesk’s products and suites:
- Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite 2015 has an improved visual interface, better point cloud support, and easier ways to work with online maps and other geographic location information.
- Autodesk Building Design Suite 2015 delivers better integration with BIM 360 cloud services, enhanced point cloud capabilities, and numerous customer-requested improvements for Autodesk Revit.
- Autodesk Factory Design Suite 2015 makes it easier to move from 2D AutoCAD drawings to 3D factory layouts, with streamlined transitions from legacy workflows, point cloud support for ‘as is’ facility capture and extended use of Factory Design data.
- Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite 2015 includes major enhancements to AutoCAD Civil 3D software, including improvements to the user interface, corridor modelling, profiles layout creation, production drafting and sub-assemblies.
- Autodesk Plant Design Suite 2015 features significant enhancements to AutoCAD Plant 3D, including centre of gravity, bill of materials (BOM), fixed length pipe modelling, piping and instrumentation drawing (P&ID), and isometric improvements.
- Autodesk Product Design Suite 2015 has exceptional modelling capabilities, a new user experience, and workflow enhancements.
Autodesk 2015 Subscription Changes
‘Autodesk Subscription’ is no longer the name of the software maintenance program offered by Autodesk – it is now the umbrella brand for all Subscription offerings provided by Autodesk.
There are now three types of Subscription available:
Maintenance Subscription (formerly ‘Autodesk Subscription’) is the most cost-effective way to maintain and maximise long-term investment in Autodesk software and services. It allows customers to always stay current with the latest software releases, and reap the benefits of Autodesk 360 cloud services, enhanced technical support, and flexible licensing rights.
Desktop Subscription (formerly ‘Rental Plans’) offers pay-as-you-go plans. Customers can choose from monthly, quarterly, and annual options for using Autodesk Design and Creation Suites and select software products.
Cloud Service Subscription (formerly ‘Cloud Services’) can have a dramatic effect on the way customers work. A broad selection of cloud-based services offers access to virtually infinite cloud computing power that significantly reduces visualisation and simulation processing times, and frees up desktop resources for greater productivity, mobility and collaboration.
Register for a Webinar to Learn More
We’re holding a series of webinars about the 2015 product release and Autodesk’s Subscription offerings, to show the highlights and enhancements designed to boost productivity:
2015 Autodesk Product Release for Manufacturing: Wed 2nd April 2014 (10:30AM AEST)
2015 Autodesk Product Release for AEC: Wed 2nd April 2014 (11:30AM AEST)
2015 Autodesk Subscription and You: Wed 9th April 2014 (10:30AM AEST)
Please note, you must be an A2K customer to attend these sessions.